As you may know, Governor Hogan has announced a May 7th statewide reopening of limited outdoor recreational activities to help Marylanders maintain positive physical and mental health. The announcement included lifting closure restrictions on golf courses.
Based on this news, we are pleased to open Maryland National Golf Club for play with adherence to strict guidelines that promote health, safety and social distancing. The driving range will be open for limited access, with two baskets provided per foursome and a maximum of four golfers allowed in this area at a time. The practice greens will be remain open to players with a tee time for play that day, with the same 4 guest maximum in place.
We are extremely excited to have you back to playing the golf course and enjoying time outdoors! That said, we must be clear that failure to adhere to these set guidelines may result in the golf course being closed again. Please do not jeopardize your access to the golf course or the health of our employees and fellow members by not adhering to the below guidelines.
If you have any questions regarding the guidelines listed below, please feel free to contact a member of the golf shop staff:
- Tee Times are REQUIRED so that we are able to accommodate the limited amount of play necessitated by the Golf Cart Restrictions. Please be advised that walk-up play will not be permitted. Do not arrive more than 30 minutes prior to your tee-time.
- Please call the golf shop or go to Golfnow to book a tee time. Tee times for Monday through Friday are available at 20 minute intervals beginning at 7am and ending 5pm for 18 holes. Anything after 5pm will only be open for 9 holes. Saturday and Sunday, tee times will be available from 8am to 5pm, like the weekday setup. We will be booking foursomes at all times, as tee times are limited in this phase. Golf shop staff will be answering phone calls starting at 8am to reserve tee times. Payment will be by credit card only.
- All items and amenities have been removed from our golf carts (Tees, Pencils, Scorecards, Sand Bottles, Coolers).
- Commonly touched areas (Steering wheel, Gear Shift, Cup holders, & Seat Handles) will be sanitized regularly before and after play.
- All golfers must adhere to the CDC Social Distancing guidelines with a minimum standard of six feet, but we ask that you extend the distance when possible.
- Golf carts will be limited to one rider per cart at all times unless riding with immediate family from the same household.
- At the end of round you will need to remove any and all trash from your cart. There will be a receptacle at the bag drop to put it in. Once trash is removed please return cart to bag drop area for sanitizing.
- The driving range will be open, with limited access. MNGC will provide each foursome with 2 baskets of balls for use at the range, so long as guests maintain their social distancing and respect policies limiting range to 4 guests at a time.
- Chipping greens will be open from 7:00 am – 6:00 pm with holes set up according to Social Distancing guidelines. Failure to follow these guidelines will result in the closure of the practice greens.
- Golf Course Maintenance has removed all benches, rakes, and divot mix bottles/containers, ball washers and water coolers from the golf course to minimize touching shared items. We have also taken measures to prevent you from having to reach into the cup to retrieve your ball and ask that you refrain from touching the hole.
- We have installed an implement to assist in removing your ball from the cup (Golf Ball Lift). Please refrain from touching the flag or stick as you retrieve your ball.
- Golfers are permitted a free drop out of the bunker or place the ball as rakes are not available at this time.
- Prior to play, a staff member will get you a key for your cart. Please be able to tell them the cart number you have put your bag on. If you need anything such as balls, a glove, etc., just call ahead to let us know. We will have those items ready for pick up when you arrive. Please pay attention to the new ground markings inside and around the Golf Shop to assist you with Social Distancing.
- Any use of the Driving Range and Practice Greens are limited to 4 players at a time, and those players putting must still adhere to the Social Distancing Guidelines of staying 6-12 feet away from each other at all times.
- No groups of more than four people will be allowed on the course.
- No congregating in groups will be permitted anywhere on property, including in the parking lot.
- The restroom facilities downstairs are open for use and will be cleaned regularly. We will be offering limited food and beverage items during these times. Orders must be called in ahead of time at 240-578-6978. Payment will be made via credit card over phone only. Your food will be set out for you to pick up at Hole 10.
We understand that there are many new guidelines and rules as listed above. Your ability to adhere to these guidelines/rules will be the key to the health of our community and your access to enjoy the course. Be advised, anyone not adhering to these guidelines will have their playing privileges suspended and be removed fro the property.
Once again, please let us know if you have any questions or concerns about our golf course reopening plan. Please enjoy this opportunity to enjoy some time outdoors and we are glad to have you back!